Friday, October 8, 2010

Palm Trees and Sunshine

Why is it when you come home from a vacation you feel so tired?  I think it is going to take me a few days to get back into the swing of things and with this being the Thanksgiving long weekend I probably won't be quilting until next week. But that's okay, I'm sure I'll catch up in no time.
The cruise was wonderful and would highly recommend if you have never gone on one... GO!  You get pampered and treated like royalty and wow.....the FOOD!!!  All four of us were in one small room with bunkbeds so it was just like we were at my parents cabin when were were teens. The seas were quite rough so you could really feel the boat rise and fall with the swells....I wore my Sea Bands the whole time and was not sick.  Many seasoned cruisers and staff got quite seasick.

So here we are at the Vancouver Port and the ship is behind us.

Enjoying the evening sunset before going to see a comedy show.


The ship took us to Long Beach California where we spent then next two days.

I am not a Disney person at all but the girls wanted to go to Disneyland so I was a good sport.  I have to admit I did have a lot of fun as it was fairly quiet there and no line ups for the rides.
Okay, I know what your thinking.....4 Moms without their kids at Disneyland... how evil!!! Actually it was pure genius and I would highly recommend it. *grin*
 Our kids did forgive us!


Then one day in Hollywood where we walked Hollywood Blvd and saw the Walk of Fame, Chinese Theatre, Kodak Theatre and the Wax Museum ( that was fun).


Our hotel was on Sunset Blvd and it was beautiful.  No Super 8 Motels on this trip!!

We rented a car and off to Las Vegas!!
We stayed at the Monte Carlo Hotel.

We spent two days walking the strip and even found time for a bit of this. 

So it was a great vacation and if you are still friends with your high school buddies I would suggest you take the time to plan a trip with them and just have some fun.  Thanks girls, I had a great time!!


3 comments:

  1. It sounds, and looks, like you had a blast. No wonder you are tired. You were very busy girls! Glad to have you back home. A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...You 'Pretty Ladies' stayed on Sunset Blvd...Good for You!

    I must try out those 'sea bands' sometime!

    Looks like you had a great time....Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness I'm so happy for you! What a wonderful trip it looks to have been from your pictures. Happy birthday memories for you :) Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete