Friday, January 14, 2011

Block of the Month


So I have put away the dyeing gloves and am back into quilting full swing.  This is Darlene's quilt and it was the local fabric shops BOM project from 2005. I have quilted a few of these and this time I did a combination of custom quilting on the borders and a panto in the center. 


The outer border is a free hand feathers in Navy thread, the inner border is my favorite quilting design the feather feather swirl in red thread and the centre pantograph is called Rhapsody, quilted with beige thread.  The backing fabric was white... so white bobbin thread it is for a nice wholecloth look on the back.




Rhapsody is a Willow Leaf Studio design.

3 comments:

  1. Once again...nice pattern choice.. Very pretty! I am doing a block of the month custom right now. Sure wish I could have done an overall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely job, Kathy. Your client will be very pleased I am sure. Thank you for reminding me what year we did this BOM as mine is still not finished! I recently put the blocks are on my "do not EVER put in a drawer again" pile. The quilt shall get done. A

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Kathy that's wonderful! You are G-ooooooo-dddddd!!!

    ReplyDelete