Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Mompreneur

My husband informed me that I am a Mompreneur.  Oh that sounds good... so what does it mean? 
The defininition of a Mompreneur from the website Investopedia is:

A slang term describing women who run their own businesses while also acting as a full time parent. Mompreneurs are more likely to run a business out of the home than out of a commercial building. Because of family obligations, mompreneurs have to balance the requirements of running a business with the demands of their children, and may do the bulk of their work during the time when their children do not require as much attention.

The next time I am asked what I do for a living I think I know my answer.
So are you a Mompreneur too?

I can't have a post without a picture.  This weekend my husband built a frame for my snow dyed fabric so I could hang it on our bedroom wall.   I just couldn't cut that piece up.

6 comments:

  1. That's great "Mompreneur" ...and that fabric looks great with your bed spread!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stunning! What a great idea for a perfect piece. So much better than cutting it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I may be a Granpreneur.....Love your art work, your quilt and your wall hanging play together so well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mompreneur your new art work looks stunning! I was just looking through the November 2010 of Elle Decor and they feature beautiful fabric pieces as artwork. But I must say not as nice as your snow dyed piece... good for you! G

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just perfect for that wall! It is such a beautiful piece of material!! E

    ReplyDelete