Tuesday, November 1, 2011

It finally happened!


I knew this day would come and I had a smile on my face the whole time I was quilting this quilt.   I have a friend who I have quilted many quilts for and she as stated more than a few times that she doesn't like feather designs, they are not her style. I respect everyone's personal taste as we are all drawn to different things but since she is a friend I couldn't help but tease her about this over the years.  But lately she has been saying how one day I might just convert her especially after seeing some of the feathers I've done on other guild members quilts.   Well guess what...she picked a feather panto with no pressure from me.  Eileen finally gave into the darkside and let me quilt feathers on her quilt :)


The panto is called Come Dance with Me. The leafy feather mixed with a few curls really looks great on the extra large Maple Leaf blocks, good picking Eileen!  ;)

10 comments:

  1. Perfet quilting choice for the quilt - even if they are leafy feathers :) I love the quilt design, and the colours Eileen has chosen. The border frames the quilt beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's a great design to bring her over to the feather side!!
    I may have to try that I have a charity quilt to do and I think something like that would look nice.
    thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very happy with how you quilted my quilt! It finished it off perfectly! Just don't expect me to be asking for feathers on every quilt!!! E

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy and Eileen, we all knew the time would come! Congratulations to both of you. The quilt looks absolutely stunning. A

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg it's beautiful! Your workmanship is stunning to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very beautiful, and also the fabrics... Are those your hand-dyes?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never really liked the feathers either,but I have been converted. Although I haven't tried quilting the or going to a long armer either:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those feathers are awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect for that quilt! Did she love it or what!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect choice. It looks wonderful on that quilt!

    ReplyDelete