Friday, June 28, 2013

Island Sunrise #8

 val1

This is Valerie’s Island Sunrise wall hanging and she did her quilt in black, gray and white.  Love the touch of red in the inner border,  really makes the whole quilt shine.  She said I could custom quilt it how ever I liked and since it had a nice wide black border I had to do some curly feathers.

val3val2 val4

The sun is finally trying to shine, we’ve had rain all week and the lake level has risen about 6 inches.  This is the last quilt that needed to be finished for a client before my break for July and August.  We have started our kitchen renovation and also been painting by sons bedroom, my house is a mess!  But a good mess as this will be so worth it in the end for the new kitchen.  I will be quilting and sharing my personal projects over the summer as I know I’ll need to escape to the Shack while work is being done in the kitchen. I might even have another giveaway this summer too :)

val5

4 comments:

  1. Oh I love this....it is just stunning!!! I the pattern, color and the quilting

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the quilt and the quilting (I do love feathers!!) Looking forward to seeing your new kitchen too!

    ReplyDelete