Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Merry Christmas

fabric

I didn’t make any Christmas projects this year but I did win a cute fabric bundle at our guilds xmas party last week.  I really like how the fabric was folded into a tree and thought this would be a great idea to share on my blog.  The fabric collection is called Christmas Classics by Maywood Studios.    Looks like I’ll be making a Christmas table runner for next year.

The first step in making the trees is to fold the fat quarters in half and then in half again.

1

If you have a 60’ ruler that will help with the first fold.  You see there is an extra bit of fabric hanging below, just fold and tuck that under the first fold.

24

Keep folding the triangle across the strip until you get to the end and tuck the extra end piece inside the folds to hold the triangle together.

79

To make the trunk fold the fat quarter in thirds…

1112

… and then in half.

13

Fold one end in about 3” and then roll from the other end.

1516

  Now you can tuck all the fat quarters together and add the trunk and you have a fabric xmas tree.  :)

We are having a nice quiet Christmas this year and I’m happy to report the weather has warmed up.  It’s –12’c today so it feels like we are having a heat wave!  

Merry Christmas from my family to yours!

8 comments:

  1. That fabric is so pretty! I think I will make a list of who what when and where, the day after Christmas and the day after that get started on projects. I have gone far too long not doing any of my crafty things, it's high time I started. Hmm, is this my New Years resolution??? Could be a fun one!
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Kathy and warm wishes to you and your family! Looking forward to another year of spending time with you at our quilt get togethers! May love success happiness and creativity shine on you and your family all the year through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great way to gift FQ's.

    Merry Christmas Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas! Hope that you will have a great time during the holidays :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. God's Blessings and Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas to all your family. Thank you for the directions for the tree.

    ReplyDelete