Monday, May 5, 2014

Boxy Stars

robin2

This is Robin’s Boxy Stars quilt and the pattern is free on Bonnie Hunters Quiltville site here.   The pattern can be made with scraps of 2 1/2” strips but Robin used a jelly roll.  When I asked her how she wanted it quilted she said it didn’t matter as she didn’t like the fabrics she used.   So I took that as a challenge and hopes she likes it a bit more now that it is quilted.  I really like the corner stone design she used, it really adds to the pattern.

robin3

That panto is called Whirlygig and the batting is Quilters Dream Blend.  The thread is brown So Fine.

robin4 robin1

6 comments:

  1. My first comment disappeared! I just think it looks really pretty now on your dock and I hope Robin likes it better now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant imagine why she doesn't like this. Im sure she'll fall in love after she sees your quilting!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a pattern I've been wanting to try for a long time, and now I really want to make it :o) The quilt is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a great pattern to use and I too hope she likes it better now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty quilt, nice colour combination :)

    ReplyDelete