Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Blog Book 2014

book1

In January I like to treat myself and have my past year of blog posts printed out in book form.    I use a company called Blog2Print and am always happy with the quality of the book they produce.  I have been blogging for 6 years now so this is my 6th book.  The first one was 70 pages and this one is 257 pages so it is getting progressively more expense as they charge per page.    I look at this a piece of mind as I put so much effort into my blog that if something should happen and I lose all my posts I will at least have a copy of all the quilts I have worked on over the years.

book2

I have finished my clients New York Beauty quilt, just waiting for a sunny day to take pictures outside.

7 comments:

  1. What an excellent idea! You so wonderful work and I enjoy your blog very much. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your books will one day be treasures!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agree - a wonderful idea. Your photography is so beautiful, it would make your book extra special, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree....it is worth the cost to print and have the record of posts. As always you have such great photos. Thank you for inspiring us with your stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy, just a thought - I do this too but as the cost of postage for a physical book sent from the USA is fairly exorbitant, I just order the PDF file which downloads fairly quickly. Granted it is not the same as having a paper copy, but I can make multiple backups of the PDF file. Like you, after blogging for nearly 8 years I would hate it if things disappeared completely.

    ReplyDelete