Saturday, February 20, 2016

Kitty Cat Charm Quilt


This is Eileen's Kitty Cat Charm quilt and it is a pattern from the October 2000 issue of McCalls Quilting Magazine.  She used just scraps to make this quilt top!  Since this is a gift for her great niece to go on her bed we chose a light density panto called Popcorn and Quilters Dream Blend batting.  The thread is a light beige So Fine thread.




Guess what I've been doing out on the lake again this year?  :)



I just walked in the snow on the ice to create the swirls and the snow is knee deep so it's a good work out!  Only had the energy to walk about 6 and hope to add more over the next few weeks.


9 comments:

  1. Panto on the snow, what next!!! love the cats and the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That quilt is adorable! I love your snow work out. (But I'm glad I don't have snow to do that in!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you have had visitors from another planet! Spooky cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet and I'm sure it will be well loved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that panto!!!! Looks just like 'cat's tails' ..... all curly and cute!! Well, I've heard of mysterious "crop circles" but "snow circles" are even better!!!!!! LOL!!! Beautifully done (as always!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your quilt and the circles in the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have Christmas cats UFO from about 2000 in my bins. I always thought it was such a cute pattern. Happy to see one with your beautiful quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just totally love that cat quilt! I have a book with this pattern, and I have been thinking about making a quilt like this for a long time. Think i really need to add to the top of my todo-list :-) Love the quilting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what size are the blocks? i love this pattern!!!

    ReplyDelete